This is a step-by-step guide on how to reset an InSinkErator garbage disposal. An InSinkErator Series Garbage Disposal is a device installed under a kitchen sink, connected to the drain and the power source, and used to grind food waste into tiny particles that can easily flow through plumbing. This brand of garbage disposals is known for its durability, efficiency, and innovation in food waste management.
How Long Does an Insinkerator Garbage Disposal Last?
The lifespan of an InSinkErator garbage disposal depends on various factors such as usage frequency, maintenance, and quality of materials. On average, a high-quality InSinkErator garbage disposal can last for 8 to 15 years with proper care and maintenance. However, with heavy usage or lack of maintenance, the lifespan may be reduced. It’s recommended to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the proper use and maintenance to ensure the longest possible lifespan for your disposal.
How To Reset Your InSinkErator Garbage Disposal
To reset an InSinkErator garbage disposal, follow these steps:
- Turn off the power supply to the disposal unit. This can usually be done by turning off the circuit breaker or unplugging the unit.
- Locate the reset button, which is usually a red button located on the bottom of the disposal unit or on the side of the unit near the bottom.
- Press the reset button and hold it down for about 15 seconds.
- Release the reset button and turn the power supply back on.
- Test the disposal unit by running water and turning it on to make sure it is functioning properly.
Note: If the reset button does not work, the disposal unit may need to be serviced by a professional.
If you are interested in learning more about InSinkErator products our sales rep team has the answers you’re looking for! Click the button below to speak with a representative today.